Looking for a balanced and nourishing breakfast? Try this delicious gluten free collard greens with sweet potato and eggs.
HOW TO MAKE COLLARD GREENS WITH SWEET POATOE AND EGGS OVERVIEW.
- You will need the three most ingredients and those are, collard greens, sweet potato and eggs!
- Preheat oven to 400F and cook the sweet potatoes until fork tender with some light seasoning.
- Steam collard greens and season with olive oil, lemon juice and garlic powder.
- Poach the eggs and plate all of the ingredients together and serve!
Before we start, let’s learn about the ingredients in this recipe and just how it can effect our body from both beneficial and “things to watch out for” point of view.
DISCLAIMER ALERT! All of my posts are not intended to treat or override the decision to see your personal doctor or physician. I strongly advise everyone to discuss any serious condition or to your medical health provider. Everything I say and write are all based on personal experience and through reading materials provided by medical professionals. I believe everyone’s body is unique and there’s no one miracle diet or medicine for everyone! I am here only to provide and share knowledge I have learned from the general holistic wellness point of view. All of the information and recipes that I am providing are safe for majority of people. All of the information listed can be found through the reference
- Improves digestion.
- Promote healthy skin and hair.
- Improves mood and energy.
- Prevents diseases.
- Cousin of kale, makes it a great ingredient for detox.
- Lowers cholesterol naturally due to high in fiber content.
- Reduces inflammation.
- Especially beneficial for those who just got over a cold.
- High protein and a good source of omega 3’s.
- Improves digestion and constipation due to its high fiber content.
- Heart healthy.
- Does not spike blood sugar.
- Boosts immunity.
- Reduces stress and anxiety.
- Boosts fertility.
- Help weight loss process.
SOME THINGS TO KNOW:
- This is probably one of the most balanced recipes I have done so far. (by balanced, I mean it hits every category on this blog, from anxiety reducing to improving skin health!) There are barely any side effects and is very suitable for everyone.
Ruggeri, Christine Chhc.“Collard Greens: Fight Cancer, Provide Detox Support and More.” Dr. Axe, 19 July 2015, draxe.com/nutrition/collard-greens.
Robbins, Ocean. “Are Sweet Potatoes Good for You? Everything You Need to Know.” Food Revolution Network, 4 Aug. 2021, foodrevolution.org/blog/sweet-potato-health-benefits.
Have you tried out this recipe? If so, feel free to tag me @brainbeautybody for a chance to get featured. I also would love it if you comment below and let me know if you have made any substitutions and how it turned out for you!
Collard Greens with Sweet Potato and Eggs (GF)
- Oven Pan
- Large Pot
- A Cooking pan
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cup collard green, chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 sweet potato, diced
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Stir 1 tbsp of olive, salt and pepper with the diced sweet potatoes.
- Line a baking sheet and place diced sweet potato in the pan. Baked for 35-40 minutes or until fork tender. Lower oven temperature to 200°F to keep the sweet potato warm.
- Fill a large pot with water and steam the chopped collard greens until wilted. bout 15-20 minutes. Strain and press out as much water as possible and set aside. Mix with salt and pepper, garlic powder and lemon juice. Place in oven with the sweet potato in the same pan. (To keep warm)
- In the same collard green steam pot, refill with clean water and add 1 tbsp of white vinegar. Bring to light boil and slowly drop eggs in and simmer for 4-5 minutes and take it out with a slotted spoon.
- To plate, place collard greens first, then sweet potato and top with poached eggs and serve warm.