Drink this ginger brown sugar tea for benefits like smoother skin, eases period cramping, boost of immunity and more!
Are you experiencing any period cramping, cold hand and feet, coughing or a sign of catching a cold? Then this is the tea that will help fight these issues and make you feel better. It’s quite easy to make, all it takes is ginger, brown sugar and water!
This is my go to tea to drink when I am experiencing period blues and period cramping since it really helps with soothing the pain and it only takes 15 minutes to make it. I recommend you to try it! If you are looking for tips and ways to fight the period blues, also try these tips here.
HOW TO MAKE THIS GINGER BROWN SUGAR TEA?
- First scrub the ginger and then either smash or slice the ginger with the skin on.
- Bring water and ginger to boil, then simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in brown sugar, strain and enjoy! (Its really that easy!)
- Warming to the body.
- Enhances blood flow.
- Aid with weight loss.
- Improves digestion.
- Lower calorie than white sugar.
THINGS TO KNOW:
- Try to consume only a cup of day since this tea does contain brown sugar and drinking too much of it can lead to a higher risk of diabetes.
- People who are watching their blood sugar should consume it in moderation or make it without sugar.
Scaccia, Annamarya. “What Are the Health Benefits of Ginger Tea?” Healthline, 21 Apr. 2020, http://www.healthline.com/health/food-nutrition/benefits-ginger-tea#pain-relief.
Ginger Brown Sugar Tea (Vegan+GF)
- Tea Cup
- ½ cup skin on smashed ginger or old ginger
- 1 tbsp brown sugar or dark brown sugar, optional
- 8 oz water
- Scrub the ginger well and either smash or slice the ginger.
- Place in a small pot with water. Bring to boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in brown sugar if using and stir until sugar has completely melted.
- Strain into a cup and enjoy!
Have you tried out this recipe? If so, feel free to tag me @brainbeautybody for a chance to get featured. I also would love it if you comment below and let me know if you have made any substitutions and how it turned out for you!
I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website. Your purchase helps support my work in bringing you healthy recipes, lifestyle and holistic wellness.