Are you looking for a dessert that is low in calorie and still somewhat healthy? Then try this luxurious Berries Sundae.
Are you looking for a dessert that takes very little effort but tastes really luxurious and it’s still somewhat on the healthier side? If that’s the case, then you must try out this dessert! This dessert is filled with fresh berries, whipped cream and ice cream cones that’s finished with some chocolate sauce. I like to fill the cones with whipped cream and fruit, this way it makes me feel like I am having a really expensive dessert. (for some phycological reason that is)
HOW TO MAKE THIS LUXURIOUS BERRIES SUNDAE
Here’s what you’ll need:
- and any other type of fruit you want to use! sometimes I like to add bananas too!
- Whip cream
- Ice cream cones (adds sweetness but also crunch to this dessert)
- Chocolate sauce or even caramel sauce!
Before we start making this dessert, let’s learn about the ingredients in this recipe and just how it can effect our body from both beneficial and “things to watch out for” point of view.
DISCLAIMER ALERT! All of my posts are not intended to treat or override the decision to see your personal doctor or physician. I strongly advise everyone to discuss any serious condition or to your medical health provider. Everything I say and write are all based on personal experience and through reading materials provided by medical professionals. I believe everyone’s body is unique and there’s no one miracle diet or medicine for everyone! I am here only to provide and share knowledge I have learned from the general holistic wellness point of view. All of the information and recipes that I am providing are safe for majority of people. All of the information listed can be found through the reference
- Boosts immunity from vitamin c.
- Lowers blood pressure.
- Fights inflammation.
- Improves skin health.
- Improves mood.
SOME THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE MAKING THIS DISH:
- If you are watching your blood sugar level, it is best to limit, avoid this dish or enjoy with only the berries.
- Although strawberries are good for your skin, in this dish the benefit might be not as effective due to the sugar and dairy content from other ingredients. (Did you know that acne breakouts are contributed from dairy, sugar and processed foods?)
- This dish should be enjoyed on an occasional or eat the berries by itself.
WebMD Editorial Contributors. “Health Benefits of Strawberry.” WebMD, 26 Sept. 2020, http://www.webmd.com/diet/health-benefits-strawberry#1.
—. “Top 7 Health Benefits of Blueberries.” Dr. Axe, 30 Apr. 2018, draxe.com/nutrition/health-benefits-blueberries.
Have you tried out this recipe? If so, feel free to tag me @brainbeautybody for a chance to get featured. I also would love it if you comment below and let me know if you have made any substitutions and how it turned out for you!
Luxurious Berries Sundae
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 banana, sliced optional
- 3 ice cream cone (I used 60 calories ones)
- Whip cream
- Chocolate sauce (I used Torani brand)
- Wash blueberries and drain.
- Wash strawberries, core and cut into quarters.
- To assemble, place berries in the bowl/plate and top with whip cream, ice cream cone and drizzle with chocolate sauce.
- If you want to make your own chocolate sauce, just microwave chocolate chip/block and melt in microwave for 30-40 second.
- If you want to make your own whipped cream, whip 1 cup of heavy cream and 2 tbsp of sugar and whip until medium-hard peak.