This Matcha Energy Bliss Ball is filled with powerful ingredients and its such a nice little energy booster in the afternoon!
Matcha is one of my favorite ingredients in the kitchen, I used to love making matcha rolls (not the healthiest thing since its loaded with dairy and sugar!), matcha latte and this energy ball! It is so easy to make and it takes less than 15 minutes before you get to enjoy these afternoon energy booster balls!
These matcha energy bliss balls are made with no added sugar like maple syrup or honey. They are instead made with clean, natural and healthy ingredients like dates, oats, pistachios, oat milk and matcha powder.
Before we make these delicious matcha energy bliss balls, let’s learn about the ingredients in this dish and just how it can effect our body from both beneficial and “things to watch out for” point of view.
DISCLAIMER ALERT! All of my posts are not intended to treat or override the decision to see your personal doctor or physician. I strongly advise everyone to discuss any serious condition or to your medical health provider. Everything I say and write are all based on personal experience and through reading materials provided by medical professionals. I believe everyone’s body is unique and there’s no one miracle diet or medicine for everyone! I am here only to provide and share knowledge I have learned from the general holistic wellness point of view. All of the information and recipes that I am providing are safe for majority of people. All of the information listed can be found through the reference
- Slows digestion and increase satiety.
- Prevent constipation.
- High in anti-oxidants, which help fight free radicals from cell damage.
- Raise alertness and enhance brain function.
- Prevent oxidation of the bad cholesterol.
- Keeps blood pressure, cholesterol, and blood sugar in check.
- May induce sleep.
THINGS TO KNOW:
- Use unsalted pistachio if you are watching sodium intake.
- Although it’s really healthy, this snack still contains nuts and dates, which can promote weight gain if eaten too many.
“Oats.” The Nutrition Source, 6 July 2021, http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/food-features/oats.
Elliott, Brianna R. “8 Proven Health Benefits of Dates.” Healthline, 21 Mar. 2018, http://www.healthline.com/nutrition/benefits-of-dates#TOC_TITLE_HDR_7.
OTHER AFTERNOON SNACKS/ BEVERAGE RECIPES:
Matcha Energy Bliss Ball (GF+Vegan)
Matcha Pistachio Mixture
- 1/2 tsp matcha powder
- 5 tbsp pistachio, lightly pulsed
Matcha Bliss Ball Dough
- 1/2 cup pistachio
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 8 oz dates
- 1/4 cup oat milk
- pinch salt
- 1 tsp matcha powder
Pistachio Matcha Mix
- In a blender, pulse 5 tbsp of pistachio by itself until corse ground and set it aside in a separate bowl. Add ½ tsp matcha powder to the pistachio bowl and mix until combined.
Matcha Bliss Ball Dough
- In the blender, pulse the ½ cup of pistachio with oats, dates, matcha powder, salt and oat milk until dough forms.
- Roll the dough into 10-12 balls and coat with pistachio matcha mixture. Enjoy right away or rest in the refrigerator for an hour before enjoying.
Have you tried out this recipe? If so, feel free to tag me @brainbeautybody for a chance to get featured. I also would love it if you comment below and let me know if you have made any substitutions and how it turned out for you!