Experiencing summer heat? Then you need to try out this spring roll with this super addicting peanut sauce.
INGREDIENTS FOR SPRING ROLL AND PEANUT SAUCE:
This recipe is packed with lots of vegetables and herbs. If you are looking for ways to get rid of vegetables, then this is the perfect recipe for you since you can almost add anything to it! And it tastes especially amazing when you dip it into this addicting peanut sauce.
What’s in the spring roll?
Tons of veggies and herbs like red cabbage, cilantro, carrot, cucumber, jalapeño, green onion, basil, and iceberg!
What’s in the peanut sauce?
The peanuts sauce consists of peanut butter, rice vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic powder, maple syrup, and water.
Before we get cooking, let’s learn about the ingredients in this dish and just how it can effect our body from both beneficial and “things to watch out for” point of view.
DISCLAIMER ALERT! All of my posts are not intended to treat or override the decision to see your personal doctor or physician. I strongly advise everyone to discuss any serious condition or to your medical health provider. Everything I say and write are all based on personal experience and through reading materials provided by medical professionals. I believe everyone’s body is unique and there’s no one miracle diet or medicine for everyone! I am here only to provide and share knowledge I have learned from the general holistic wellness point of view. All of the information and recipes that I am providing are safe for majority of people. All of the information listed can be found through the reference
- Quenches thirst.
- Cools body down from heat.
- Fights inflammation.
- Improves gut health.
- Full of anti oxidant that help fight free radicals.
- Produces collagen for your skin.
- Fights cold.
- Regulate blood sugar.
- Improves digestion.
- Fights diabetes.
- Reduce free radicals that attacks the heart.
- Improves mental health by reducing anxiety and depression.
- Improves focus.
- Increase cellular capacity to burn fat.
- Longer lasting energy.
- Lowers LDL (bad cholesterol)
- Lowers blood pressure.
THINGS TO KNOW:
- If you are allergic to peanuts, you can make it with almond butter or do 1/2 tahini and 1/2 almond butter!
Goldsmith, E., & Klein, M. (2017). Foods that heal: their nature, flavor and therapeutic value according to Chinese medicine. In Nutritional healing with Chinese medicine: +175 recipes for optimal health (pp. 184–205). essay, Robert Rose Inc.
Kamal-Eldin A, Moazzami A, Washi S. Sesame seed lignans: potent physiological modulators and possible ingredients in functional foods & nutraceuticals. Recent Pat Food Nutr Agric. 2011 Jan;3(1):17-29. doi: 10.2174/2212798411103010017. PMID: 21114470.
Have you tried out this recipe? If so, feel free to tag me @brainbeautybody for a chance to get featured. I also would love it if you comment below and let me know if you have made any substitutions and how it turned out for you!
Spring Roll and Peanut Sauce (GF+Vegan)
- ⅓ cup creamy peanut butter or almond butter
- 2 tbsp seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp gluten free soy sauce
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp water
- 6-10 rice paper sheets
- 4 oz rice noodle, cooked
- 2 mini cucumber, sliced
- 1/4 purple cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch cilantro or parsley, roughly chopped
- 3 stalk green onion, sliced into rounds
- 2 carrot, sliced
- 1 jalapeño, sliced
- 1 cup iceberg greens, chopped
- 1/4 cup basil, chiffonade
- Whisk all of the ingredients together until combined.
- Chop and slice all of the vegetables and set aside.
- Bring a pot of water to boil and cook rice noodle based on the package direction.
- Have a container that holds warm/hot water to soften the rice paper.
- Now' the fun time! Dip rice paper in water for about 10 second or soft.
- Take it out and lay on the counter. Place the vegetables/ noodles/ aromatic in any order you wish. Roll 1/3 of the way and fold in the sides and continue to roll and leave as whole or cut in half.
- Serve with the peanut sauce and enjoy!
- Feel free to add any type of protein like tofu, chicken, shrimp into the wrap as well!