This Vegan Caesar Dressing has all of the qualities of a traditional caesar dressing. It’s salty, cheesy, thick and simply addictive. Great on salads and wraps.
WHY USE THIS DRESSING OVER THE REAL THING?
Regular caesar dressing can be high in sodium, calorie and fat which causes higher risk of developing problems like hypertension and diabetes. I am not saying to ban it from your life, because delicious food should be enjoyed from moment to moment in balance. If you absolutely cannot live without the real caesar dressing, then I would strongly recommend making it from scratch and here are the reasons why! Most of the caesar dressing you are buying from the grocery store are often made with saturated fats, omega 6’s and preservatives from ingredients such as canola oil,(raises the bad cholesterol) and maltodextrin (causes bloat and even cause or worsen asthma!)
With this vegan caesar dressing, you are getting sodium from caper and caper brine, “cheese” from nutritional yeast and hint of acid from lemon juice. All of these ingredients are all natural and healthy for our body. The best part about this dressing is that its low in omega’6, made with so few ingredients, and without any preservatives!
HOW TO MAKE THIS VEGAN CAESAR DRESSING?
- As easy as whisking all of the ingredients together in a bowl until its well combined!
Before we start making this dressing, let’s learn about the ingredients in this recipe and just how it can effect our body from both beneficial and “things to watch out for” point of view.
DISCLAIMER ALERT! All of my posts are not intended to treat or override the decision to see your personal doctor or physician. I strongly advise everyone to discuss any serious condition or to your medical health provider. Everything I say and write are all based on personal experience and through reading materials provided by medical professionals. I believe everyone’s body is unique and there’s no one miracle diet or medicine for everyone! I am here only to provide and share knowledge I have learned from the general holistic wellness point of view. All of the information and recipes that I am providing are safe for majority of people. All of the information listed can be found through the reference
- High in antioxidants.
- Lowers the risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
- Anti inflammatory.
- Protects liver and kidney function.
- Boosts Immunity.
- It contains anti viral and anti bacterial properties.
- Improves digestion.
- Regulates blood sugar.
- Anti bacterial. (This is why you see people clean with lemon!)
- Great for skin.
- Aids in digestion. (This is the reason why people drink lemon water the first thing in the morning!)
- Prevents kidney stone.
SOME THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE MAKING THIS DISH:
- The amount of nutritional yeast in the dressing is relatively low, so you should not have any issues, however, if this is your first time using nutritional yeast, I suggest using a little bit of dressing at a time to prevent any upset stomach.
- Caper is high in sodium, so it should be used in moderation if you are watching your sodium intake.
LOOKING FOR RECIPES THAT USES THIS DRESSING? TRY THESE:
“Nutritional Yeast: The Antiviral, Antibacterial Immune-Booster.” Dr. Axe, 24 Apr. 2019, draxe.com/nutrition/nutritional-yeast.
Vegan Caesar Dressing (GF)
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- ¼ cup thin tahini
- 1 tsp caper and caper brine
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp garlic powder or 1 garlic clove minced
- 2-4 tbsp warm water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and whisk until well combined.
- You may need to add more warm water to thin the consistency.
- It will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- It may get thicker as it sits in the fridge, if that’s the case, just add 1/2-1 tbsp of water and whisk before using.
Have you tried out this recipe? If so, feel free to tag me @brainbeautybody for a chance to get featured. I also would love it if you comment below and let me know if you have made any substitutions and how it turned out for you!
I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website. Your purchase helps support my work in bringing you healthy recipes, lifestyle and holistic wellness.