This vegan hot coco is so rich, sweet and comforting, and this winter season would not be complete without it.
Christmas season would not be complete without at least a cup of hot chocolate by the fireplace. Its so comforting and its such a fun way to share a sweet moment with your loved ones.
I have always loved hot chocolate since I was really young and it did not matter if I was in Taiwan, where the weather was 80 degrees or more, but it was just something that I would order with my afternoon cake. (maybe occasionally I would have milk tea or fruit tea).
Today, I will be sharing a vegan version, which is just as delicious as the ones I had when I was younger, but only now I don’t have to worry about lactose issues!
Before we get cooking, let’s learn about the ingredients in this dish and just how it can effect our body from both beneficial and “things to watch out for” point of view.
DISCLAIMER ALERT! All posts are not intended to treat or override the decision to see your personal doctor and physician. I strongly advise everyone to discuss any serious condition with your medical health provider. Everything I say and write are all based on personal experience and through reading materials provided by medical professionals. I believe everyone’s body is unique and there’s no one miracle diet or medicine for everyone! I am only here to provide and share knowledge I have learned from the general holistic wellness point of view. All of the information and recipes that I am providing are safe for majority of people. All of the information listed can be found through the reference section.
- High in antioxidant.
- May lower blood pressure.
- Rich in vitamin and nutrients that may help reduce heart issues.
THINGS TO KNOW:
- Enjoy on an occasional to prevent from any weight gain, sugar spike and a risk of developing diabetes.
Mandl, Elise BSc. “9 Science-Based Health Benefits of Almond Milk.” Healthline, 24 Dec. 2017, http://www.healthline.com/nutrition/almond-milk-health-benefits.
Vegan Hot Coco (GF)
- 2 cup almond milk or other non dairy milk
- 2 tbsp chocolate sauce
- 2 tbsp coco powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract, optional
- vegan marshmallow, chocolate sauce or vegan whipped cream, optional
- In a pot, heat almond milk up over medium heat. Stir in coco powder, chocolate sauce, and vanilla extract and whisk until combined.
- drizzle the cup with some chocolate sauce, pour in the hot coco and top with marshmallow, whip cream and more chocolate sauce.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Have you tried out this recipe? If so, feel free to tag me @brainbeautybody for a chance to get featured. I also would love it if you comment below and let me know if you have made any substitutions and how it turned out for you!