Looking for a night to indulge something good? Then you need to try this delicious and easy to make Vegan Mushroom Truffle Pizza.
Truffle pizza is one of my favorite pizza flavors, beside pineapple and ham (and yes, I know this is a big debate and I am sorry for bringing it up).
Although truffle pizza is one of my favorite flavor, you know that I actually hardly ever order a truffle pizza at a restaurant? and you probably already know why. It’s because I am often disappointed when I find out they are using truffle oil or truffle pieces sitting in the oil and not the actual real truffle. and I am not complaining if it was a regular price pizza, but not when you are scammed into paying 40 dollar for it!
But the good news is that anyone can make truffle pizza at home and no you don’t have to spend a thousand dollar to do it (unless you want to.), but for less amount of money, you can use truffle oil, truffle salt and truffle olive oil that has the flavor. (Yummybazzar actually has a lot of truffle related products.) and, I know this is not the best way to enjoy truffle, but its great for when you just want to feel like you just indulged in something amazing.
Before we get cooking, let’s learn about the ingredients in this dish and just how it can effect our body from both beneficial and “things to watch out for” point of view.
DISCLAIMER ALERT! All of my posts are not intended to treat or override the decision to see your personal doctor or physician. I strongly advise everyone to discuss any serious condition or to your medical health provider. Everything I say and write are all based on personal experience and through reading materials provided by medical professionals. I believe everyone’s body is unique and there’s no one miracle diet or medicine for everyone! I am here only to provide and share knowledge I have learned from the general holistic wellness point of view. All of the information and recipes that I am providing are safe for majority of people. All of the information listed can be found through the reference
- Moistens dryness in the body.
- Dissolves Phlegm.
- Eases digestion.
- Also quenches thirst.
- Clears heat in the body.
- Quenches thirst.
- Promotes heart health as it creates a barrier for your cells from any invaders (such as cancer and heart diseases)
- Help with weight loss (in moderation).
- Regulate blood sugar level.
- May aid skin condition such as acne since the truffle oil helps reduce inflammation. (Did you know a lot of skincare products contain truffle in order to fight wrinkle and smooth out uneven skin tones?)
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE COOKING:
- If you are taking blood pressure or blood sugar pills, it is best to limit intake of truffle oil as it may lower it too much. (which can also be dangerous.)
Goldsmith, E., & Klein, M. (2017). Foods that heal: their nature, flavor and therapeutic value according to Chinese medicine. In Nutritional healing with Chinese medicine: +175 recipes for optimal health (pp. 184–205). essay, Robert Rose Inc.
Have you tried out this recipe? If so, feel free to tag me @brainbeautybody for a chance to get featured. I also would love it if you comment below and let me know if you have made any substitutions and how it turned out for you!
Vegan Mushroom Truffle Pizza
- olive oil spray
- 1 16 oz pizza dough makes one large one or cut in half and make 2 smaller ones
- 16 oz bella mushroom, sliced
- 1 spring thyme
- 2 cup vegan cheese
- 5 oz spinach, cooked
- 1-2 roma tomato, sliced
- 2-4 tbsp truffle oil or truffle olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- If using store brought dough. let it rest outside of the fridge for about 2hrs.
- Clean mushroom with a damp paper towel.
- In a pan, spray with olive oil and sauté mushroom for about 10-15 minutes or until its dry and fragrant. Stir in salt, pepper and thyme and cook for another 2 minutes. (it will sweat but keep cooking!)
- Set aside the cooked mushroom. Spray with more olive oil in the same pan and sauté spinach until wilted. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Roll out the pizza dough. You can make either one large pizza or make two smaller ones. I made two as that it fits my pan better in the oven.
- Slice the tomatoes thinly.
- Top with some vegan cheese, mushroom, spinach, more cheese, truffle oil and top with tomato slices.
- Cook in preheated oven for 18-20 minutes. and serve warm by itself or with a side of salad.
I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website. Your purchase helps support my work in bringing you healthy recipes, mindset and holistic wellness tips.