The Best Turkey Chili
Warm up with a bowl of this healthy, delicious, flavorful and protein packed turkey chili. This can be made on the day of or a day ahead.
Yield: 6 Servings
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tbsp garlic powder or 3 garlic clove minced
- 1 lb ground turkey or TVP(vegan option)
- 1-3 tbsp chipotle chili powder (adjust spiciness to your liking)
- ¼ tsp oregano
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 28oz canned diced tomato
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1½ cup chicken or vegetable broth
- avocado, cilantro, jalapeño, vegan cheese, and vegan sour cream. (optional)
In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add in onion, garlic or garlic powder, and red bell pepper and sauté for5 minutes or until fragrant.
Add in ground turkey or soaked TVP, break up gently and cook until it is no longer pink. Add in chipotle chili powder, cumin and salt. Stir to mix.
Stir in the canned tomatoes, broth, and kidney beans. Bring to boil then reduce heat and simmer for 30-45 minutes or until chili has thickened. Taste and adjust seasonings and salt to your liking.
Garnish with topping of your choice.